20 more HP

Matt Sale mds at mot.delcoelect.com
Wed Jun 5 17:28:05 GMT 1996

> > > I'm trying to asses the potential for a forced induction system to
> > > get about 20 more HP out of the 4 cyl engine.....
> >

> I get about 120 Hp now and Set an arbitrary target of 140 as a design
> goal. The trick is I want to do a bypassed turbo or Super charger
> with a demand clutch to shift it in and out of the system. I'm leaning
> toward the mechanical blower because in my 4x4 throttle response is an
> issue.
>
> --
> David Taylor  dwtaylor at ptdcs2.intel.com  Ph(503) 613-8132 Portland OR.
> My opinions are mine ,, and nobody elses.

To use an Intel based analogy, you're attempting to emulate a Pentium
using a '286.  Wouldn't it be cheaper to stuff a V-6 or V-8 in place of
the 4-cyl?  Then you would have the bottom-end grunt you really need.

Matthew D. Sale                       Delco Electronics Corp.

All responses are my own and should not be mistaken
for those of Delco Electronics or General Motors.