Knock sensor?

Sandy sandyg at interramp.com
Sun Jun 9 18:26:53 GMT 1996

At 08:50 AM 6/9/96 -0700, you wrote:

>Hi Sandy:
>>Been working this way for years but time is hard to find and a project
>>of this magnitude would either require a tremendous effort from
>>one individual(become a diy efi hermit) or a combined effort.

I have become the said hermit along with many others!

>>I have been working on GMs system for many years. What you want
>>is adaptive controls both in fueling and spark. The general
>>did this in the early eighties.
>>While in university I developed an open loop system which using
>>maps would run just about anything. I never at the time designed in
>>the adaptive part but with help probably could.
>>
>>Should there be a desire I could post schematics,pcb and software.
>>
>>Anyways just 3 cents: peter

YES, you should post what you have, John Gwynne has an _approved_ ftp site
for EFI related projects. I just dropped off v0.00001 of what I have been
working on. Any other input would be great! I have yet to start worrying
about the software, this will come on its own! I have some documents on the
PC interface, but that is about it. You should take a look at what I have
completed, it currently is on the ftp://efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu/pub
somewhere, possibly still in the 'incoming' directory if John has not moved
it yet. The file name is EFI0000.zip or something close to that.

I do like the adaptive concept, and that will require much more work, but if
we can get something that at least is useable, then everyone with a PC could
start to hack their own version of the IDEAL control software.

Sandy