How to get more information on a BOSCH Air Flow Meter

Pete Sterrantino sterrant at southeast.net
Mon Jun 10 12:32:08 GMT 1996

At 01:31 PM 6/7/96 EDT, you wrote:
>I'm looking to hack my Motronics FI system (84 BMW). Is there anyway to
>get a equivalent circuit diagram of the Air Flow Meters?
>
>David Hoerl
>dfh at ariel.com

Sorry for the double-post...I thought I forwarded the message home...
Anyway, my Bosch Automotive Electric/Electronic Systems book (available from
the SAE) says that it's linear potentiometer arrangement which would assure
a linear  output voltage with respect to air flow.  A diagram further on
shows the output of the sensor going into the control unit's A/D port which
would further confirm an analog output...I'd get out a digital voltmeter and
take a look.

Pete S.