Welcome aboard

Seth Allen n9540517 at henson.cc.wwu.edu
Tue Jun 11 06:42:10 GMT 1996

On Fri, 7 Jun 1996, Clinton L. Corbin : Backgrind/Gold : Pager 0544 wrote:

> Date: Fri, 7 Jun 96 20:00:03 PDT
> From: Clinton L. Corbin : Backgrind/Gold : Pager 0544 <CCORBIN at intel7.intel.com>
> To: diy_efi at coulomb.eng.ohio-state.edu
> Subject: Welcome aboard
>
> >Sorry for rambling on, but I've just joined this newsletter and I guess
> >I had a bit to say.
> >
> >Thanks for the help in advance
> >
> >Todd Knighton, Protomotive Engineering
> >Email knighton at concentric.net
>
> Todd,
>
> Good to have you on the list.  I think most everyone would be glad to here
> about real world experiences with the various fuel injection systems.  For
> some strange reason, most of the people on this list have a hard time getting
> dyno time with a good A/F meter.  I wonder why.....
>
> Clint
> ccorbin at intel7.intel.com

I seem to have the opposite problem--- I have access to a superflow 901
(901t?) dynamometer withairflow indicators, and a 4 gas analyzer.  My
problem is coming up with the funding for an independent study.  If
someone has the patience, money and trust, I could submit an Independent
study proposal for most any IC engine development work.  The dyno will
take up to 1000 bhp continuous. It doesnt like much less than 60 bhp, it
is too far towards the low end of the scale.

I go to school at western washington university, bellingham, WA.  If
someone has a reasonable project, I might submit a proposal for next
academic year.  Personally, I am interested in racing applications, but
that is not the only sort of project I would consider.  The dyno is set
up to bolt up to small block chevy, small block ford, and I think
chrysler.  I helped build an adapter to run our Formula SAE Honda CBR
600(cc) F2 through it.  83 horsepower with an IHI turbo and a 20 mm
(~.789 inch) diameter restrictor.  If anyone has a 3 or 4 rotor wankel, I
would love to tackle that, and we already have adapter plates for the 13b
and 12a.

Just throwing out a line.

Seth Allen