Solenoid Wanted

SRavet at bangate.compaq.com SRavet at bangate.compaq.com
Tue Jun 11 19:17:02 GMT 1996

ptimmerm at mashtun.JPL.NASA.GOV Wrote:

| I am rigging a water injection system and
| intercooler mister system in my quattro.
| The solenoids I have a junk.  I was thinking
| of using the frequencey vavle out of an early
| CIS system by bosch.  Does anyone know what
| voltage drives these guys?  I know there was
| a darlington used in the ECU to control the
| valve.
|
| paul timmerman
| pasadena ca

Here is a post that was made a couple years ago to the hotrod list, when
JGD was moderating it on dixie.com, and all was right in the world...

The only comment I have is the description of how the switch works.  The
poster used a contact switch inside the carb to decide when to turn the
water on.  That sounds dangerous to me.  Seems like a switch on the
throttle would be better, or a vacuum switch.  He mentioned that he
selected a low-impedance relay, when he should have selected a
high-impedance relay.  Anyway, here it is...