Solenoid Wanted

Frank Parker fparker at umich.edu
Tue Jun 11 19:41:50 GMT 1996

> I am rigging a water injection system and
> intercooler mister system in my quattro.
> The solenoids I have a junk.  I was thinking
> of using the frequencey vavle out of an early
> CIS system by bosch.  Does anyone know what
> voltage drives these guys?  I know there was
> a darlington used in the ECU to control the
> valve.
>
> paul timmerman
> pasadena ca

Try and look up in my cis book tonight but most cpu controlled devices
work by the device being hot wired and the ecu supplies the ground.
Probably guess that valve is 12volt.
I am setting up water inj too. Been told that a high pressure ( not the
usual wwasher pump) pump and a NO2 fogger nozzle works very well. Years
ago , I used a ww pump and a .020 to 0.035 simple nozzle but it probably
did not work so well. Tended to drown spark.
Also need to use a small high pressure storage vessel with check valve
so water is injected immediately. Can use simple container for big
storage. Be interested in hearing other ideas/experiences.

	frank parker