fuel pressure gage

Todd Knighton knighton at cris.com
Wed Jun 12 16:34:20 GMT 1996

William Sarkozy wrote:

> I'm currently assembling a turbo TPI motor for marine application using the
> stock GM fuel pressure regulator.  Boost will be limited to 15 psig.  What
> range of fuel pressure gage will work best?  Because of brand selection,
> choices are limited to 0-60 psig or 0-100 psig.

William,
	If you're using a stock regulator set at around 28 to 32psi,
15psig boost pressure would increase your fuel pressure that same amount
on the factory 1/1 setups to approximately 45 psi.  A 0-60psi gauge
would be well within range.  There are a lot of aftermarket regulators
out there that allow you to alter the base fuel pressure of your
regulator, though if your using large 15 ohm injectors you may shut them
down with too high of base pressure, especially at light throttle and
idle situations where the pulse time is low.  The Peak and hold 2 ohm
stuff is much better, faster and stronger rise with the 4 amp peak, then
holding at 1 amp to close down faster.
	Good luck on your project

Todd Knighton
Protomotive Engineering