Solenoid Wanted

jfaubion jfaubion at cs-smtp.tyndall.af.mil
Wed Jun 12 16:53:26 GMT 1996

> I am rigging a water injection system and
> intercooler mister system in my quattro.
> The solenoids I have a junk.  I was thinking
> of using the frequencey vavle out of an early
> CIS system by bosch.  Does anyone know what
> voltage drives these guys?  I know there was
> a darlington used in the ECU to control the
> valve.
>
> paul timmerman
> pasadena ca
>Also need to use a small high pressure storage vessel with check
>valve so water is injected immediately. Can use simple container
>for big storage. Be interested in hearing other ideas/experiences.

 The last vehicle I used water injection with was turbocharged. Of course
 with a forced induction system things are much easier. On my system I
 mounted the nozzles to the top of the air cleaner. I used an aluminum
 coolant overflow tank from an early Corvette as a storage tank. This tank
 has a radiator cap on top and a 5/8" line off to the bottom. I epoxied two
 1/4" copper lines into the 5/8" line. One of these lines was bent to reach
 the top of the tank to pressurize it and the other stopped just inside the
 tank as a pickup. Tubing was run from the pickup line to a check valve and
 on to the nozzles. Another tube was run from the intake manifold to the
 pressure line on the tank. Under a vacuum the check valve prevented air
 from being sucked through the water and into the manifold. Under boost
 water was forced through the nozzles. Of course more boost feed more
 water. I think the nozzles were around .050" but I can't remember the
 exact sizes. This system cost me about $15 to setup, its simple and the
 output is variable but it will only work with forced induction.

 John Faubion