Sensor Linearization

Frank Parker fparker at umich.edu
Thu Jun 13 12:05:49 GMT 1996

> Subject: Sensor Linearization
> The inclination is to accept the Map sensor data as well as the Tps
> as they are linear even though there is a loss in range.
> One problem remaining is the MAT and the Coolant Temp Sensor.
> Going by service manuals and using a 1.2 K pullup this gives quite
> a nonlinear temp vs voltage.
> The question I have for the good folks is how do you linearize the
> sensor. Or is it necessary?
> or a lookup and then interpolate.
> What I am trying to get is linear numbers between 0 and 255 for
> a temp range of about -40 to 250 degrees.
> Tnx again everybody: peter

I believe it takes less space and more accurate to generate the polynomial
equation that fits the temp vs volt curve. There a a # of proggrams out
there to do that and should be simple 2-3 term polynomial since curve
is simple. with a math function, you do not need any lookup table and no
loss of resolution.

	frank parker> >