No Subject

mcherriman at aesprodata.com.au mcherriman at aesprodata.com.au
Wed Jun 19 01:52:11 GMT 1996

     Hello,
     I am building a simple MAP controlled system for a 2litre turbo.  It
     is micro-controlled and basically fires each injector with the spark
     signal, and the duration is based linearly on the MAP output.  There
     is also a 3d correction table which gives a correction factor for RPM
     and MAP (to adjust mixture, and to compensate for changes in
     volumentric efficiency with rpm & boost).  This works quite well, but
     I dont know what mixtures should be used theoretically at boost.  I
     have assumed a 14:1 mixture at light loads (about 1/2 bar absolute)
     and 12:1 at 1 bar (absolute).  Presumably I should keep enrichening
     the mixture as boost increases, but what to!!!  (I am ignoring
     volumetric efficiency changes with rpm at the moment)  My aim is 1 bar
     boost pressure, so does anyone know approx. what mixtures you should
     use at this level with an intercooled motor.  It must level off at
     some point (maybe 8 or 9:1). I have heard that turbo motors like very
     rich mixtures under boost.
     Any help appreciated.
     Mark.