fuel pickups & filters?

Mark Reichert markr at eye.com
Thu Jun 20 01:47:18 GMT 1996

This is "just barely" diy-efi related...

Can anyone recommend a source for an in-tank fuel pickup suitable for EFI
use? I need something that would fit at the end of a 3/8"ID fuel line in
the tank. I'd like to find something with a screen on it to keep out the
larger pieces of garbage that might somehow find their way into my tank.
Similarly, the typical Bosch FI setup has the fuel filter after the pump.
Does anyone out there run a "pre-filter" before the pump to protect it?

Thanks,
Mark Reichert
markr at eye.com