fuel pickups & filters?

dzorde at aesprodata.com.au dzorde at aesprodata.com.au
Thu Jun 20 03:04:18 GMT 1996

     You bet ya. I use the standard tank and pick-up running to a 5L surge
     tank, this uses a standard electric pump with a pre-filter (before
     pump).  The FI pump then runs from the surge tank into the FI filter
     and on to the engine.

     I don't think FI pumps like filters before them since they are push
     type pumps and don't like the restricted inputs.  I initially had a
     standard filter before the FI pump (didn't use a surge tank back then
     and wanted to protect the pump from crap), and boy oh boy did the FI
     pump sound like it was working hard, and it got very hot.

     Dan        dzorde at aesprodata.com.au