Anybody build their own 5th wheel?

dzorde at aesprodata.com.au dzorde at aesprodata.com.au
Thu Jun 20 03:10:12 GMT 1996

     I know for a fact the bike pick-up works very well at 120mph, as a
     matter of fact, so does the rest of the bike computer mounted in the
     race car I run.

     Dan        dzorde at aesprodata.com.au

Subject: Re: Anybody build their own 5th wheel?
Author:  diy_efi at coulomb.eng.ohio-state.edu at INTERNET
Date:    6/20/96 10:58 AM

     cut

As some people have stated, detecting a spoke at 120+ MPH would be a real
challenge, and I don't think a magnetic reed switch will activate that fast
either, although a hall effect sensor might work.  The bicycle speedo
approach may also work, but they are not really rated for those speeds, and
you may end up missing pulses.  When was the last time you saw a bicycle
doing 120 MPH? :]

regards
dn