Bosch Motronic Questions

Gregory Chan gchan at compserv.senecac.on.ca
Thu Jun 20 12:18:44 GMT 1996

> 1) I've been told that it is possible to lessen the spring force on the door
> of the Air Meter by moving the spring back a few notches, which may
> somewhat lessen the throttle lag issue.  I've tried to get to the spring by
> removing the bottom plate of the meter, but apparently access to the
> spring is from the top.  My question....  How do you get the black plastic
> top off without destroying it in the process?  I'd also be interested in
> hearing from anybody who has experience with this modification.

 It is a necessity to play with the AFM with cams of large duration.
My experience was that my motor would not idle at all until I
adjusted the AFM.
   To get at the spring take a hobby knife and cut around the black
plastic. You will see some type of glue around the edge between the
metal and the plastic and this is what you should cut. You can then
pry the cover off and adjust the spring . One direction is rich and
the other leaner.
   Good luck.

gchan at compserv.senecac.on.ca