DIY_EFI Digest V1 #172

talltom talltom at teleport.com
Thu Jun 20 15:36:49 GMT 1996

>------------------------------
the way to get the plastic cover off is with a couple of butter knives. Pry
slowly and gently completely around the edges a couple of times at which point
it will have loosened in places, and continue until it comes off. You will
probably
break some small portions by the mating edges but this will be minimal. I
have been
able to reglue all so far with garage man schmuck. Record the position of
everything
both before and after you make any moves. Every time I've done this, I ended up
back at the same point I started.

DON'T SAY WHO TOLD YOU!

>From: Brad Anesi <BANESI at novell.com>
>Date: Wed, 19 Jun 1996 18:06:52 -0600
>Subject: Re: Bosch Motronic Questions -Reply
>
>Hi Werner-
>
>>If you loosen the spring about two notches (about 2% point AFR) it
>>should help the hesitation if there is any.  But if you use a O2 sensor
>>normal running will not change.
>
>Thanks for the reply - so far, you're the only one who has been bold
>enough *not* to suggest I should committed to an institution for trying to
>touch anything inside that box!  I am using an O2 sensor, so I also believe
>normal running will be unaffected.  My sole objective is to get the "barn
>door" to open more quickly, enabling the air/fuel mixture to enter the
>combustion chamber a split-second quicker.
>
>BTW, what do you mean by 2% point AFR?
>
>Thanks again,
>
>Brad

Why do you guys insist on reinventing the wheel? Ever heard of a motorcycle?
Kawasaki zx11 speedo goes to 175 I believe, is that enough? I'd think that
one could tie into the digital motorcycle speedos for reference to a cpu.
They drive off the front wheel, in fact I've even seen cars that the speedo
cable went the spindle and was driven by a hole it fit into in the dust
cover.
`
If 175 mph isn't enough I'd start looking for airplane parts.