AC Delco ECM

Martin Scarr martins at efn.org
Wed Jun 26 20:27:18 GMT 1996

Peter-

Wish I had some info to contribute for you, but I'm a real newbie when it
comes to ECM's.

I did want to tell you I think it's great that you're sharing all you're
learning about these.  I hope to adapt a MAF based system to my '65 turbo
Corvair, so I can do away with the old sidedraft Carter.

I have a complete EFI setup from a 2.8 V-6 out of a '85 Firebird.   I
plan on using a Hobbs switch to enrich the mixture under boost.  I have
good fabricating skills and a shop to make the manifold adapters as needed.

How is the code physically extracted from the ECM?  I mean where do you
attach, at the ribbon cable going to the sub board?  Where do you get
disassembler software to look at the code?

Thanks for all your help

Martin Scarr <martins at efn.org>