Bosch Motronic AFM => Point - Counterpoint

Carter Hendricks carterh at crl.com
Thu Jun 27 02:55:49 GMT 1996

Thanks, Jim.

On Wed, 26 Jun 1996, Land Shark wrote:

>  With all due respect to Mr. Braden he has not a CLUE how Motronic works!!
>
>  PS: Sorry to pontificate, but I've just had to UNDO too many messes that were
>      prompted by "experts" ... most people have no IDEA how Motronic DME works

I quickly tired of shoveling after Mr. Braden, who really doesn't CARE how
anything works, or how anything happened... On the other hand I think that
many [most?] Alfa people prefer it his way. Its a lot easier, you know.

>      They try to make it complicated when in fact it is a SIMPLE deal ..

                                                        Or maybe not easier.

But there's a lot of crap out there, and for Alfas its sometimes
much harder to get good information than for other cars. It took me a
while to learn that some of the explanations that had been offered by
certain buffoons, like Bosch tech reps, were just impossible/untrue.

>      I can always show you commented source code if you are from Missouri ;)

                        Carter, from St Louis [can I see the code?]