GM Mass Airflow Sensor

The Fraser's fraser at netten.net
Thu Jun 27 04:44:34 GMT 1996

Hello,

I'm curious if anybody has a clue as to the upper (frequency output)
limit of the currently used GM mass-airflow sensor.  The sensor in
question is the one used on LT1/LT4's, Vortec's, etc...  We've tested
vehicles with up to 480 HP and the MAF sensor output is still rising
with airlow demands.

I really need to know if it craps out before 600 HP's worth of airflow
is reached. (Assuming reasonable BSFC's and AFR's)

Thanks,

Brock Fraser
Tuning Department Manager
Hypertech, Inc.

P.S-  I'm new to this list, and I am quite excited about the discussions
that float around...