DIY_EFI Digest V1 #181

talltom talltom at teleport.com
Thu Jun 27 19:13:25 GMT 1996

Alright! Now I can get into this! For starters most of these models were tbi. So is it
easy to change to tpi? How? Why 2.0 to 5.7? Why not tubocharged 8.2? Parameters are
parameters, if air valves, injectors, map, etc are sized correctly what difference does
size make? While we're at it, any suggestions as to how to get around the pulsations
inherent in kinky cams? Also need to know the ug level of getting one of these to work
as a map type system, as I think maf's are a pain in the butt.(to much plumbing, cost,
unreliable, space, not to mention the interface, mapping, sizing etc probs.)
  Knock sensors in the head? I thought they went by the crank to be closer to where
the harmonic is transmitted from the cyl? How do you intend to keep valve noise from
making your tune crazy with knock sensor in head?