GM Mass Airflow Sensor

Darrell Norquay dnorquay at awinc.com
Fri Jun 28 04:01:51 GMT 1996

At 11:18 PM 6/26/96 -0500, you wrote:

>I'm curious if anybody has a clue as to the upper (frequency output)
>limit of the currently used GM mass-airflow sensor.  The sensor in
>question is the one used on LT1/LT4's, Vortec's, etc...  We've tested
>vehicles with up to 480 HP and the MAF sensor output is still rising
>with airlow demands.

>Brock Fraser

Sounds like just the unit I'm looking for.  Got part #'s, car models, years
used etc. to facilitate a junkyard search?  I had no idea GM was still using
a frequency output MAF.

BTW, as far as air flow measurement, you could always dangle it out the window
of your favorite ride, and drive down the nearest interstate at 130+ MPH like
Peter Wales did!  ;]   Seriously, this may be a simple way to check how high
the output goes.  Just go until the output equals your best previous reading,
and keep going...  (Could always see if you can get a surplus JATO bottle if
your ride won't go fast enough :O)  Disclaimer: This should only be
attempted by professional drivers on closed roads...

regards
dn