DIY_EFI Digest V1 #182

The Fraser's fraser at netten.net
Sat Jun 29 04:06:06 GMT 1996

> Sounds like just the unit I'm looking for.  Got part #'s, car models, years
> used etc. to facilitate a junkyard search?  I had no idea GM was still using
> a frequency output MAF.
>
> BTW, as far as air flow measurement, you could always dangle it out the window
> of your favorite ride, and drive down the nearest interstate at 130+ MPH like
> Peter Wales did!  ;]   Seriously, this may be a simple way to check how high
> the output goes.  Just go until the output equals your best previous reading,
> and keep going...  (Could always see if you can get a surplus JATO bottle if
> your ride won't go fast enough :O)  Disclaimer: This should only be
> attempted by professional drivers on closed roads...
>
> regards
> dn

Thanks for the reply,

To answer your question, the Air-Mass Sensor I mentioned is used on all
94-96 LT1 engines, as well as all 96 Vortec truck engines.  It may be on
more as well, but These applications come to mind.

There are many ways to experimentally determine the limits of the
sensor, but I was just wondering if somebody already knew.... Thanks!

Brock Fraser
Hypertech, Inc.