L-jetronic

WERNER_HAUSSMANN at HP-Loveland-om2.om.hp.com WERNER_HAUSSMANN at HP-Loveland-om2.om.hp.com
Mon Mar 4 23:45:48 GMT 1996

Item Subject: L-jetronic
Hi James

I'm new at this list, so I don't know if I should reply to each person, or
send my reply to DIY_EFI.  I never did see my own message, so I don't know
how everyone else saw it. Am I getting other peoples messages?

Anyway, James, you're not confused.  The my L-Jetronic does have an air
meter.  It also has a lambda sensor. At 2/3 or more trottle a switch
closes, and the lambda sensor circuit is disconnected, the mixture gets
richer by about 4% for a little more power and knock protection.  Later (
oh.... about '86) the trottle switch was replaced with a vacuum switch to
sense the manifold.  This way even when the trottle is opened only half way
at low rpm, the vacuum drops, the switch closes and the mixture goes rich
by ~4%.

James, thanks for the offer of the '79 Supra, but no. I have all the parts
I need, except this vacuum switch to replace the switch on the trottle
shaft.

The parts came from a '83 Renault Fuego. Most of the information came from
the Bosch FI book ( I don't have the author handy) the the FI book by
Hartman.

Actual data is very hard to come by.  I had no luck getting data from
Bosch.  If you need specifics I may be able to help.  But not much.

Werner