DIY_EFI Digest V1 #80

Talltom Talltom at teleport.com
Tue Mar 19 11:56:11 GMT 1996

Hello, hope you don't mind the ignorant asking questions.(I'm new to this list)
All the talk about ceramics, aluminum, heat dissipation, coolant temperatures
etc. is nice but what about fuel requirements in relation to thermal
conductivity?
Seems to me the less heat that is transfered out of the combustion chamber the
higher the combustion chamber walls will be. Would seem that the higher the
combustion chamber walls will increase temperature of air/fuel and cause
preignition.

   An old wives tail(that's the way I want it!) says that b.b. chevy iron
blocks
used to make more power than similar aluminum blocks.

   The aluminum headed cars lately are able to get by with 11.5-1 compression
on the same fuel that my cast iron headed 8.5-1 knocks on. (W/O boost)

   I know cummins and sae did some research on ceramics in the mid 80's but
never knew results.

Anybody have any ideas that would make any of this look coherent?