GM serial line communications

wmcgonegal at rr.etc.ncr.doe.ca wmcgonegal at rr.etc.ncr.doe.ca
Tue Mar 26 01:51:30 GMT 1996

At the end of January there was some interest in reading the 8000 baud GM serial
data line.  I mentioned at the time that we had done this at our lab using an PC
serial port.  There is some minor circuitry involved in the interface to invert
the signals.  You also need to set up the serial port for this nonstandard baud
rate.  I wrote a program to set up a nonstandard baud rate.  I am helping
someone set up this communication link and I know there were others interested.
If anybody else one wants a copy of the program to set up the correct baud rate
or some of the source code I can forward the information to them.  Perhaps there
is a place that I can post this in the DIY EFI archives.

Will McGonegal
wmcgonegal at rr.etc.ncr.doe.ca
Mobile Sources Emissions Division
Environment Canada