4.3 multi-port fuel injection system

Charles Morgan cmorgan at efn.org
Tue Mar 26 02:50:21 GMT 1996

On 3/25/96 -0600, Ryan Harrell wrote:
>I was wondering if anybody knows if Chevrolet (or any aftermarket vendor) has
>a multi-port fuel injection system available for a 4.3L V6.  I believe there
>is one, but I have no information on one.  If so, does anybody know of a
>manufacturer who makes computers for these engines (Everybody seems to be
>obsessed with V8 engines)...

The turbocharged 4.3L V6 that Chevy used in the Typhoon/Cyclone models is
true multi-port, but getting one of these would be darn near impossible
(I've tried).  The 4.3L Vortec V6 introduced by Chevy in 1992 is called
"Central Multi-Port Fuel Injection" although it uses a single injector with
poppet valves at each intake port.  It's performance, however, is very
adequate.  Turbo City (714-997-1196) sells a multi-port kit for non-Vortec
4.3L V6s; I beleive they use a GM computer.

Charlie Morgan