Off topic, but related subject matter...

Wayne Tangen tangen at norcross.amrt.slb.com
Thu Mar 28 14:32:51 GMT 1996

<Terry Faugno> wrote:

>         I've heard rumours that a company somewhere had developed a system
>that replaces camshafts with computer controlled solenoids to actuate the
>valve train. Has anyone here heard the same, or know a logical point to
>start searching from?

Aura Systems Inc. in El Segundo, California holds a patent on exactly what
you describe.  The devices are currently only prototypes.  See a short blurb
at this Motorcycle Online web page for more details:

http://www.motorcycle.com/mo/mcdaily/day0178.html

Wayne Tangen

Wayne Tangen                tangen at amrt0001.norcross.amrt.slb.com
Electrical Engineer         Voice: 770-417-2959 x3165
AMRT                        Fax: 770-417-2961
3155-A Northwoods Pkwy.
Norcross, GA 30071

AMRT is a Joint Venture Partnership between Motorola, Inc.
and Schlumberger Industries, Inc.