Electronic valves

WERNER_HAUSSMANN at HP-Loveland-om2.om.hp.com WERNER_HAUSSMANN at HP-Loveland-om2.om.hp.com
Thu Mar 28 16:12:06 GMT 1996

Hi

BMW? developed a system using piezo-electric stacks about 10-15 years ago.
There was an article in Road &Track about it... but I don't have it.

More recently (about a year ago) Turbo magazine had an article about
solenoid operated valves.  They were operated by electronics from
Electromotive.  I think I still have the magazine.  When I find it, I'll
give you the date and manufacturer of the head.  I also don't remember the
engine under the test.

Werner

I've heard rumours that a company somewhere had developed a system
that replaces camshafts with computer controlled solenoids to actuate the
valve train. Has anyone here heard the same, or know a logical point to
start searching from?