MAF sensors

Tim Hoffman thoffman at flash.net
Thu May 9 16:57:50 GMT 1996

On Thu, 9 May 1996 12:18:51 +-100, you wrote:

>Anybody interested in playing with an ultrasonic, dop shift MAF sensor?
>
>I saw an idea somewhere, probably a year ago, for a MAF sensor that used =
>an ultrasonic transducer pair to measure airspeed by dop shift... seemed =
>like a very simple idea, and had the advantage of being relatively =
>unintrusive to the air flow. Or for that matter does anybody out there =
>know of a production version, or any more reserch into the idea???
>
>Mark

I believe all of Mitsubishi's air flow sensors are of this design. I
know for sure that the Eclipse/Talon/Laser and the 3000GT/Stealth use
them. In the back of "How to Tune and Modify Bosch Fuel Injection"
there's a short section on Mits. injection that describes the
ultrasonic sensors there. Look for more info on Karmon Vortex
sensors...

Tim

Please Note New Address:
thoffman at flash.net