Injecting Water

M HILL EAXMJHI at ean2.mecheng.nottingham.ac.uk
Thu Nov 7 09:10:28 GMT 1996

> I've heard a little about "Water Injection" Systems.
>
> What type of injectors are used to inject water along with fuel to boost
> horsepower?
>
> Where might I get my hands on some?

I have read about people using windscreen washer jet pumps.  Saab
even use the same water in one of their experimental engines,
claiming that the alcohol in the de-icer helps to cool the charge and
then burns increasing power.  I haven't tried it myself though, this
is just what I have read.  There is some information in David Vizards
book on tuning A-Series engines.

Martin