Need help with Mazda EFI.

R. Larson morganti at inetnow.com
Thu Nov 7 10:02:12 GMT 1996

  I have tested the computer in the
>car and the readings for ignition look normal, but I am pretty sure that I
>am getting no spark (and I know that fuel is working because I smelled
>unburned fuel after the first time I tried to start it (extended cranking).
>This confuses me a bit since I didn't touch the drive electronics for that,
>but such is life.

I know this probably sounds simplistic but have you actually checked the
spark?.  I was expermenting with a Renault and was inadvertanntly inducing
noise on the ECU so that it kept the fuel relay on with the cold start
injector. I flooded it good.  I was just about to give up and trash the
whole electronics when I finally checked that I had totally fouled the plugs.

My point is to dont take anything for granted (spark. all injectors firing
and input signals).  Start back at square one and look for the simple things
first.  They are the ones that usually kick your butt.