Need help with Mazda EFI.

Tuck sldbrass at infi.net
Thu Nov 7 18:51:14 GMT 1996

At 04:19 11/7/96 -0600, you wrote:

>I know this probably sounds simplistic but have you actually checked the
>spark?.  I was expermenting with a Renault and was inadvertanntly inducing
>noise on the ECU so that it kept the fuel relay on with the cold start
>injector. I flooded it good.  I was just about to give up and trash the
>whole electronics when I finally checked that I had totally fouled the plugs.

Yeah, I strapped the timing light onto each of the three coils to check for
spark and didn't get any on any of the coils.  All of the switching
transistors for firing the injectors are run by T304 on the board (that
Toshiba Japan IC I asked about), and I checked the transistors last night
(sort of) and it appears that they are ok.  That pretty much only leaves the
IC that drives them.

>My point is to dont take anything for granted (spark. all injectors firing
>and input signals).  Start back at square one and look for the simple things
>first.  They are the ones that usually kick your butt.

I am sure the injectors are firing because I can smell fuel, I also just had
them blueprinted by Marren a thousand miles ago, so I don't suspect injector
failure.  FWIW, drive voltage to the injectors is correct also.  All the
input signals are correct, from the crank angle sensor, the throttle
position sensor, and the MAF as far as I can tell.

Justin "Tuck" Cordesman
SOLID BRASS-> FEAR NOTHING.

There is a reason the first place trophy looks so much better than second
and third.
SECOND AND THIRD SUCK.