Lambda Sensors....

Thor Johnson johnsont at falcon.mercer.peachnet.edu
Thu Nov 14 14:23:46 GMT 1996

With all the talk on Oxy sensors, I thought I might ask a few more
questions (aack! do I *ever* have any answers?):

  The Lambda sensor is good for only a small range... Can it reliably
   sense the "Power Band" of a mixture, or is that too rich for it?

  Several people have mentioned temperature instability.  Because this is
   a "research vehicle" (at least in my mind, 'cuz I know little about
   gas engines), I was planning on mounting the lambda sensors approx 1-2"
   from the exhaust ports (1/cyl to make the microconfuser code easier).
   Can I get relaible readings here, or will the exhaust temp cycling
   confuse my sensor?

Lastly, but not about O2 sensors... what data would you be interested in
seeing from this engine? (Honda CBR600)  I have several inputs that I'm
not using, and if I can put them in the budget, I would be happy to add
any interesting sensors (I would like to add accelrometers, but haven't
found a source for them).

Many thanks!

PS:  When I actually get some time to play with my home PC, I'll be
putting up a page with all my stuff on it, FWIW.

                Thor Johnson
       johnsont at falcon.mercer.peachnet.edu
   http://falcon.mercer.peachnet.edu/~johnsont

         Have you seen the WarpMap lately?