Electric vehicle , wrong list for this discussion, but I

Jeff Deifik jdeifik at weasel.com
Tue Sep 10 14:42:40 GMT 1996

Jerry Wills writes:
>Folks,
>	One person is already doing some of what you would like.
>
>good acceleration , 0-60 in the 4 sec. range

7 sec range, or 4.5 sec range, see below.

>motors drive all wheels directly

Through a trans. Either FWD or RWD

>regenerative braking
>
>for long distance a small trailer , just big enough for a stationary gas
>generator, which yields 40ish mpg.
>
>the battery technology is the problem at the moment
>The car started out as a honda, and still looks like it on the outside,
>but not under the hood. The guy name is Alan ?????, our former sunracer
>my know his last name and company, or I can find out. He was a consultant
>to GM for a while. Email me directly if you must have more info.

Jerry got most of his information from me.

I have driven or been a passanger in three generations of Alan Coconni's cars.
His company is called AC Propulsion.

He designed and built the electronics and motors for the GM Impact as well as
the Sunnyraycer.

Genertaion 1 (after Impact) 100 kw honda crx. 0-60 7.8 seconds, top speed @90
mph, 131 miles on a charge (using EPA loop) @3000 lbs, FWD

Generation 2 150kw (@200hp) honda VX. 0-60 @6sec, top speed @90 mph, range
@140 miles @3000lbs, FWD

Generation 3 220hp, built on limited production sportscar chassis 0-60 @4.5sec,
top speed @90mph, weight @2500lbs, RWD

Gen 1 & 2 use a honda transmission, with only one gear present.
Gen 3 uses an unknown transmission, with only one gear present,

Gen 1 battery life 3k miles to 50% capacity.
Gen 2 & 3 battery like @20k miles.
I used to sell his 1/2 used batteries...

Charging time 1 hour minimum.

        Jeff turbo Deifik       turbo at weasel.com