Math Question

neilaura at aceweb.net neilaura at aceweb.net
Thu Sep 19 20:07:15 GMT 1996

DI>Yes, and the key phrase is 'to an extent'.  There is still a lot of waste
DI>heat out the tail pipe and in the radiator and etc.  A turbo is a step in
DI>the right direction but there are still a lot of BTUs being 'wasted'.

DI>John

DI>On Wed, 18 Sep 1996, Mark Pitts wrote:

DI>> Surly that is effectively what a turbo does to an extent, esp. in diesels
DI>>
DI>> Mark
DI>>
DI>> ----------

superheated steam, made by wrapping copper pipe around the header, to drive a
small turbine, which was used to run the air conditioning and the alternator.
This obviously relieved the engine of these power sucking accessories, and
indirectly raised the efficiency. I don't know if any further research was done,
but it seemed like a practical idea.

Neil Powell  Neilaura at aceweb.net

Sent from AceWeb. Telnet to bbs.aceweb.net. BBS#(818) 891-0397
Home of the 500 Disc CD-Rom Changer.
Call AceWeb Network at (800)600-3285  >>> ISV Software Distributor <<<
Call Agama Computer at (800)745-2231  >>> Computer Parts and Systems <<<
Check out our web site at http://www.aceweb.net for more info!