Magnetic Flux effect on fuel charge

Webb cwebb at polarnet.com
Fri Apr 11 21:19:04 GMT 1997

sdelanty at sonoma.net wrote:

> >Ok Guys and girls
> >another of my shocker questions
> >My friend, a fellow racer has heard of energizing fuel and ir particles
> >to increase the combination of them
> >his idea is to wind a flux inducing coil around his intake trumpets to
> >ionize the incoming air
> >
> >Am i on drugs, or is he????
> >
> >as always i would appreciate ANY!!!!! views from my learned colleagues
> >here at diy_efi.
> >

> Variations on this idea seem to come around every few Years.
> About 20 years ago my dad bought some rather expensive, fancy magnets that
> were designed to fit on the fuel line, just ahead of the carb.
> They came with lots of hype about improved performance, better miileage,
> reduced emissions, paint job lasts longer, dog never gets fleas, etc.
> The only performance improvement on his '71 302 bronco was from his
> lightened wallet. I got some real cool, very strong magnets for free when He
> finally took them off...
>
> I think it would take *considerable* energy to ionize the volume of air that
> a motor uses, and that energy has to come from somewhere... Your motor via
> the alternator. I don't think the few hundred watts available from an auto
> alt is gonna be near enough to ionize much air.
> Continuosly ionizing a few hundred CFM of air sounds like a big task.
> Nicola Tesla would have loved it...
>
> Ionizing stuff involves adding or subtracting electrons, and air can be
> ionized by passing high voltages through it, but I don't know if it can be
> done with magnetic fields...  If so, it must take a bundle o'power.
> I don't think the air cares whether Your air horns are magnetized or not.
>
>  Anyone out there know these things?  I'd be curious, especially if anyone knows
> the math to calculate energy requirements to ionize, say 500cfm of air.
>
>  Also, I have no idea if ionizing the air and/or fuel has any effect on
> cumbustion.?
>
> Somehow I think that if there was anything real to be gained from these
> schemes that the big 3 would have exploited it long ago.
>
> Just my $.02
>
> Oh yeah, I heard that if You wind a coil around the top of the drivers skull
> and energize it with high power microwaves, that it gives the impression of
> high speed while standing still...  Anyone?   (-;
>
> Happy motoring,
>
>  Steve Delanty (sdelanty at sonoma.net)
I think the claim has something to do with lining up magnetic domains
(how that is supposed to help I have no idea) rather than actually
ionizing the molecules.

If we can figure a way to ionize 500cfm, then a little more work and we
can turn the exhaust pipe into an MHD accelerator, and do away with the
engine entirely.

I better not say that too loud - the nut balls may try it!