Electromotive FI

Atkinson, David DATKINSO at COSMPDGATE.CO.SYMBIOS.COM
Fri Apr 18 16:51:18 GMT 1997

Interesting point about acceleration enrichments.  This must be a problem
only at high RPMs because my system works fine up to redline (6000 RPM
for my heavy Chevy).  I can imagine that this would become a problem
though as the RPMs get considerably higher, as in a rotary or hi-po 4cyl
application.  Now why would this problem get worse with a larger t-body?

Haven't yet done any staging w/Electromotive - good point though.  I may
put a Whipple blower on this thing soon so I'll either have to stage
injectors or go to larger injectors and live with a crappy idle...

When you say "density", I assume you're referring to "resolution".  Not
trying to nit-pick here, just  making sure I understand you.  I haven't
worked on any engines that are seriously non-linear - is this
characteristic of rotary and/or hi-po 4cyl engines?  Does the # of
cylinders really matter or is it more a function of how radical the cam
and heads are?

 ----------
From:  Fred Miranda
Sent:  Thursday, April 17, 1997 11:28 PM
To:  diy_efi
Subject:  Re: FW: FW: Electromotive FI

At 04:48 PM 4/17/97 MDT, you wrote:

>I'm curious - in which applications have you found the TEC-II system to

>be inadequate, and why?

Ok, off the top of my head:

Virtually every setup I've worked on (mostly 4cyl and rotary)
had idle problems due to the O2 feedback system.

The acceleration enrichments don't work too well as there is no
correction
for rpm. The bigger the T-body the bigger the problem.

A high boost turbo rotary is next to impossible to make streetable
without
hickups becouse injectors can't be properly staged.

Not enough density in the maps for a high strung 4cyl with dips and
valleys in it's VE.

Fred