Electromotive FI

Robert Gallant gallant at oasys.dt.navy.mil
Fri Apr 18 17:45:07 GMT 1997

> Interesting point about acceleration enrichments.  This must be a problem
> only at high RPMs because my system works fine up to redline (6000 RPM
> for my heavy Chevy).  I can imagine that this would become a problem
> though as the RPMs get considerably higher, as in a rotary or hi-po 4cyl
> application.  Now why would this problem get worse with a larger t-body?

On my supercharged Rx7 (btw, its a roots type supercharger), the acceleration
compensation problem occurred mainly at lower rpm's with smaller throttle
movements.  If I stomped on the throttle I could get enough enrichment.

I think the main problem comes from the injection taking place at the throttle
body rather than at an intake port.  The supercharger compounds the problem
since it wants lots of acceleration compensation immediately, and it adds lots
of surface area that needs to be wetted.

Motec computers give you a few more parameters to fiddle the compensation than
Holley or from the sounds of it Electromotive (I'm just going by what has been
said here about the Electromotive, I don't have any direct experience with it).

I'm going back to port injection and adding two injectors below the
supercharger, that will turn on around 4000 rpm and large throttle openings.

Later

Rob
gallant at oasys.dt.navy.mil