68HC11F1 questions

Seth Allen n9540517 at cc.wwu.edu
Sat Apr 26 02:42:08 GMT 1997

Okay, I really wanted to write about radar, but instead, I think I will
pick something different. I am a student in an engineering technology
program, specifically involvin vehicle design.  My background is
mechanincal engineering tech. I started a bit of a propane/ methanol
sidetrack discussion a while back.

My situation is this:  I am thinking of trying, with considerable help,
to build a simple efi controller for adding supplementary fuel
(methanol)  to my engine during boost.  I am planing simple stuff, batch
fire, with 4 injectors, a 0-2 bar MAP sensor, and firing the injectors
only during boost and varying pulsewidth according to MAP.  I have access
to free use of a 68HC11F1 board, with the extra battery backed RAM, I
have 4 LM1949N injector driver ICs (peak and hold). I have acces to
compilers for assembly and C, neither of which I know.  I can program
BASIC sort of.  I will have help from professors and students.  Am I
jumping in way over my head?

ANy input suggestions, experiences, would be helpful.  Also does anyone
know where I can get a 0-2 bar MAP sensor? Cheap? ANd what si the sort of
output I get from it?  I can put it in a pressure vessel and map the MAP
sensor, but I dont want to.

Thanks in advance for the replies, hopefully many.

Seth Alen