TPI Questions

peter paul fenske pfenske at direct.ca
Thu Aug 7 17:30:13 GMT 1997

At 09:58 AM 8/7/97 -0500, you wrote:

>Question - I am installing a TPI unit on an older 350.  (OK, that's not a
>question)
>
>1.  There are two coolant fittings on the throttle body.  Do I need to
>connect them and if so where to?

Not necessary unless you live in Kanada or someplace very cold.
This prevents icing of the throttle plate.
Also slows down the car so it won't go too fast..

>2.  There is a big fitting (vacuum) on the left side of the manifold kinda
>hidden between the runners
>     (I think it's the left side) that I'm assuming is for power brakes,
>can someone confirm that.

It is for PVC.. The PB is on the rear driver side
of the plenum.

>3.  Any concerns with eliminating the EGR valve.

YOu would prob have to gnd P/N permanently. Or disable
the code in the prom

>4.  I'm considering not connecting the MAF for initial start-up. Is this a
>good idea or am I overly concerned....

The 165 ecm in TPI without the MAF will run nicely in
tps/rpm default.. Only thing SES lite comes on.
YOu would have to disable the Maf codes in the prom or
burn out the lite.

>5.  What do I do with the P/N, O/D Request and 1st Gear inputs to the ECM
>with an older 4-speed manual.  (ECM is for a manual transmission.)

GN P/N leave other stuff open.. I don't
think any error codes for tranny..

>Any other suggestions or tips would greatly be appreciated...
>
>Jeff

Get the JTR book..

cya:peter