fuel filter location

steve ravet steve at sun4c409.imes.com
Mon Aug 11 20:27:03 GMT 1997

> Date:          Mon, 11 Aug 1997 17:37:07 +0100
> From:          Tom Lanigan <Tom.Lanigan at aura.co.uk>
> To:            diy_efi at coulomb.eng.ohio-state.edu
> Subject:       fuel filter location

> comments please
>
> I am building a Westfield Kit (Lotus seven clone) with a Vauxhall 2
> liter 16v xe engine. I have decided to go for after market throttle
> bodies from QED in the UK they are quite nice because of the
> popularity of this engine have been manufactured to bolt straight to
> the head without a manifold. My problem is one of space there is
> precious little of it at the back where the tank is.  I can fit the
> fuel pump in line before the transmission tunnel but the fuel filter
> is just too big. If I were to fit this straight after the pump the
> pipe work would be a bit ugly :-( There is however a lot more room
> for this bulky item if I were to plumb it into the engine bay end.
> Is there a problem with this? most production installations have the
> filter very close to the pump.. Also when going from metal pipe to
> flexible hose would a jubilee clip on its own be good enough or
> would some type of flanging or crimp be needed.
>
> Tom Lanigan

On my S-10 Blazer the fuel pump is in the tank, and the filter is in
the engine compartment.  Also, I have attached the rubber hose
directly to the steel line with hose clamps.  I did use two, one
right next to the other, but there is no flange on the pipe.  No
problems with that either.  Don't know what a jubilee clip is...

--steve