Tuning Book List

Dave Williams dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us
Fri Aug 29 18:42:04 GMT 1997

-> I would completely disagree.  Physics does not change over
-> the years, and the information in this book helped improve
-> the power output of a race engine I worked on.  I can't even
-> imagine why you would have anything bad to say about it.

 I already knew how Helmholtz resonators worked, and had little interest
in their cut-and-try approach to tuning wierd old British cars with
siamesed intake and exhaust ports.  There is no coverage of valve seats
at all, bare mention of valve head shape, no discussion of round vs
square ports, no discussion of chamber shrouding and its relation to
airflow, little discussion of changes in resonance as cylinder volume
changed and valves moved, etc.

 If you want to build a dead-tube header for a three-port MG, great.
Otherwise the book is nearly worthless.

====dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us========================DoD#978=======
  can you help me...help me get out of this place?...slow sedation...
ain't my style, ain't my pace...giving me a number...NINE, SEVEN, EIGHT
==5.0 RX7 -> Tyrannosaurus RX! == SAE '82 == Denizens of Doom M/C '92==