Abrasive flow finishing

Frederic Breitwieser frederic.breitwieser at mcione.com
Mon Dec 1 16:13:42 GMT 1997

> I was priced around $550 for a six cylinder intake manifold and around $500
>for a six cylinder exhaust manifold.  I can make alot of horsepower from
$1050
>in parts, but have heard all good things about this process.  The only
negative
>thing is from throttle body injection engines b/c this process smooths out
the
>walls which were used to aid in mixture.

That is true Paul, the enhanced airflow and less turbulance is a much
better scheme for engines where the injectors are per cylinder, and right
at the valve area.  Throttle body systems actually can lose power, unless a
vane or other "mixer" is installed right around the shared injector, to
assist in the mixing.  Then turbulance is reduced along the rest of the
path allowing increased performance.

Extrude honine is an excellent method for increasing airflow.

Frederic Breitwieser
Homebrew Automotive Mailing List
Bridgeport, CT 06606
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/4605/index.html