alternative fuel/stupid idea?

Gordon McKenzie gordmck at direct.ca
Mon Dec 1 17:15:25 GMT 1997

Chris Morriss wrote:

> In message <347E7317.8A3CAF71 at mcn.net>, Shannen Durphey
> <shannen at mcn.net> writes
> >

> >Jim Davies wrote:

> >> Been there, done that. Adjust for neutral flame, extinguish torch and
> >> insert in carb...WOT revs picked up several thousand and knock was
> >> noticeable. It was pretty entertaining while it lasted, though.
> >>
> >> Jim Davies
> >
> >I've dumped straight oxy into a flooded engine so it would fire.  After the
> >rattling ended, it ran fine. Acetelyne, BTW, has no octane.  I read that N.
> >Tesla was working on a multi stage device to compress oxygen from air thereby
> >improving combustion efficiency.  'Course he also claimed to have a working
> >death ray...  Shannen
> >

> Among many other odd similar ideas going about, a nunber of people claim
> that the addition of a stochiometric hydrogen-oxygen mix produced by
> real-time electrolysis of water works wonders when added to the normal
> intake air.
> I'm tempted to build a big electrolyser to try it out, anybody heard
> anything about this?
> --
> Chris Morriss

Just a bit of a lurker here, but I have a brochure somewhere for some
MLM selling this type of contraption. Never looked very far into it as I
was turned off by the warranty requirements (they specified the
mechanic, oil type etc. and would not warranty the unit if you did your
own oil changes). Can't even rememver the name right now.
--
Gord, Sue & Countess McKenzie
To reply, send mail to gord mck @ direct . ca with no spaces