GM ECM TBI Questions

Al Hunt skypig at IntNet.net
Tue Dec 2 02:42:13 GMT 1997

>I changed a 2.8L to a 4.3L both TBI in an 1988 S10 4X4, but I can't
>make it run.
>There is no check engine light at all.
>I have spark, but no fuel. Can anyone give me a hint on where to
>start.

I'd start looking for power to the fuel pump, fuel pump relay, fuse, etc.
Usually these things are solved by going back to the basics.

Did you use the original 2.8 wiring harness and sensors?  I know that on the
Fiero's (which is my only 2.8 experience) you can short together two of the
three wires on the oil pressure sender to run the fuel pump.  Yeah, I know -
it sounds strange, but at 4psi the oil pressure sender also completes the
circuit to the fuel pump.

[~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~-=Posted *live* from Rancho Fiero=-~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~]
[                             Al Hunt                               ]
[                        skypig at intnet.net                          ]
[    First Frames - now MIDI - can it possibly get ANY worse??      ]