"Tunable TBI Iinjectors"

bruce plecan nacelp at bright.net
Tue Dec 2 17:13:45 GMT 1997

At a GM school, they said there is some room, for calibration, this is
due to even thou they are EDM, or laser cut at the metering orfices,
there is some variance, hence the peening to set the final clearance.
Also, GM rebuilds them, and has to maintain some sorta tolerance, so they
need to be able to recalibrate them.  At one time the TBI cop car
injectors were $350 each with exchange,  price fell quickly after a
while.  I wouldn't be surprized if they could go up one size, for meeting
supply and demand on the rebuilding end.  I doubt you could make a 35, a
90.  With the 5 color codes (i posted the other day), and tunable FP, I
haven't meet a street car that took too much effort to get right.  The
above applies to the GM TBI injectors only,  I don't have a clue about
the TPI ones, anyone have an answer about them?.
     HTH Bruce