GM ALDL interface

Frederic Breitwieser frederic.breitwieser at mcione.com
Mon Dec 8 23:40:07 GMT 1997

>Back in September I gathered all the information I could find on the net and
>wrote a simple basic program to read off the aldl connector via parallel
port.

You know Sean, you know...

Your idea is much easier than using a Maxim chip... so!

So!

Tonight I will hook up my ECM to my 286 notebook and see if your basic
program sucks the data out appropriately.  Talk about simple!

And BTW, connecting the wires directly is not exactly a good idea, I'll
have a 1 transister circuit tomorrow for ya that will properly isolate the
signals from the ALDL connector to the PC, so nothing goes *poof*.  Feel
free to post it on your website :)

Frederic Breitwieser
Homebrew Automotive Mailing List
Bridgeport, CT 06606