Re2: Rochester Quadrajet Jetting question (sorry, non-EFI)

Jay Snyder jsnyder at microserve.net
Tue Dec 9 03:11:14 GMT 1997

First of all, thank you, Shannen, for your informative answer.

For those who just tuned in, here is the original question:

> I have an '86 C10 pickup with a 4.3L V6 with a quadrajet (last year for
> this, '87's had TBI).  Eventually, I want to put the TBI setup on it,
> but I don't have the parts yet, and I also don't have the time.
>
> The engine currently has the original feedback carb on it, but it stubbles
> and looses power at more than 1/2 throttle (secondary jet problem?).
>

> I have an '86 C10 pickup with a 4.3L V6 with a quadrajet (last year for
> this, '87's had TBI).  Eventually, I want to put the TBI setup on it,
> but I don't have the parts yet, and I also don't have the time.
>
> The engine currently has the original feedback carb on it, but it stubbles
> and looses power at more than 1/2 throttle (secondary jet problem?).

Some info that I neglected to say in my original post, was that the
mixture control solinoid is disconnected (can't even find a wire
with the mating connector on it), and all the vacuum stuff is missing
except the brake booster, and one to the vacuum advance (no, I don't
know if it is the right one, or where it's supposed to go, it's just
hooked directly to the intake).

For now, I just want to make the thing run reasonably well, as simply
as possible.  Eventually, as I said in the original post, I want to
convert to a TBI (or better yet, a TPI, MFI, or SFI of a later 4.3L V6)
for better drivability, and emissions (we don't have emissions checks
in this are of PA yet, but we will in the not too distant future), and
I definitely don't want to go back to the horrible feedback carb system.

What besides the intake system, harness, and ECU do I need to get
to do this conversion?

Thanks,
J.
Jay Snyder                                   ________