Secondary metering rod codes

Daniel Burk ws6transam at voyager.net
Thu Dec 11 01:07:01 GMT 1997

Sure!

I got it at Barnes & Noble bookstores: a book called Rochester Carburetors,
an HPBooks publication by Doug Roe.  ISBN 0-89586-301-4

It's pretty darned good.  I was able to take a micrometer & dial calipers to
my metering rods and couple it with the information given in the book to
build an Excel spreadsheet that illustrated the curves of various rod
profiles.  It helped me to tune my L69 quadrajet to make up for some of the
modifications I have like the air cleaner and the flowmaster exhaust.  The
20 different hangers are also listed.

Since there is about 90-some profiles by GM, I won't hand type the list.
Check out the book: It's only $16 at the bookstore.  Cheaper than the
secondary rods, and easier to find.

    --- Dan