Fuel pressure regulators

Tony Bryant Tony.Bryant at psc.fp.co.nz
Thu Dec 11 19:49:24 GMT 1997

> a couple more notes(please read previous re)
> 1. you never run two bypassing regs, the one with the least pressure
> will always bypass,,,for the N2O use a standard reg, if lower pressure
> is required....

My V12 Jag (not N2O (yet!)) comes out of the factory with two bypass
type pressure regulators.

One (a 2.9 bar one) is located in the conventional place at the
end of the rail. The other (a 3.0 bar one) is located in
series with the incoming fuel line.

I'm a little perplexed by this setup, but maybe it provides better
damping across the fairly long fuel rail - any other ideas?

'71 510 Daily driver
'72 510 Race car
'85 V12 XJ-S Garage ornament