Fuel pressure regulators, was Re: Fuel pump questions

Clare Snyder clsnyde at ibm.net
Fri Dec 12 02:41:50 GMT 1997

Ed wrote:

> OK people, time for me to start a new fuel-related thread. This time
> it's regarding the fuel pressure regulator.
>         Just about all OEM EFI setups I've looked at have the FPR mounted
> directly to the fuel rail. Would it make much of a difference mounting
> it remotely? I was installing nitrous on a 94 Supra that had a custom
> fuel system made up of a Paxton fuel pump, filter, and regulator (and
> massive 10AN lines). The FPR was mounted before the fuel rail, not on
> it. Is this acceptable or should it have been plumbed onto the rail?
>
> -Ed
Pressure is equal and undeminished in all directions throughout a closed
vessel. As a regulator, it CAN be installed anywhere. However, placing
it on the downside of the rail allows the fuel to cool the rail and
bleed out any vapour, providing some real advantages over other
placement.
--
                             _/\_

Remove the R from E-Mail Address to reply. Stop the spammers!!!
It's hard to soar like an eagle when your stuck with a bunch of
Turkeys